Virgin Media COVID Desk Clear
In an ongoing quest to improve business operations, Virgin Media has partnered with Active Workplace Solutions since 2007. Over the last 14 years, Active has supported the Virgin Media facilities and property maintenance review programme throughout the UK and has a proven track record in the delivery and management of the FM services procured.
During the first COVID lockdown employee desks were cleared of all items (including some personal possessions) to allow for the regular enhanced cleaning which was required.
Desks were photographed, any items on the desks were bagged up and placed in a box and then the box was labeled with the desk number as an identifier before being stored on site.
The new process was originally trialled on two Manchester sites and as this was successful it was rolled out across all Virgin Media sites. Active's tasks included:
- Locating employees personal items in the stored boxes
- Returning these personal items to the individuals
- Sorting remaining boxed items into waste categories and disposing of them accordingly. Waste was segregated into WEEE, Confidential Waste, Mixed Waste, Food & Metal.
- Sorting contents of lockers and drawers into waste categories and disposing of them accordingly
- Recycling of lockers and drawer pedestals
Quantities of furniture and effects recycled across 15 locations and over 33 days:
- 3000 pedestals
- 2000 lockers
- The contents of 2000 archive boxes.
For more information or to make an enquiry please don't hesitate to Get In Touch
The Active team work hard to design visually brilliant and practical office workspaces; making the best use out of the available space. If you are interested in any of the professional office interiors services that are available from the Active team, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
You can contact our team online by: