Due to the sheer amount of sites across the UK, with hundreds of employees, a swift & manageable process was going to be required to ensure that the desk clearing process was completed in a timely fashion.
In addition to this, there were a huge amount of personal/company items that needed to be cleared, bagged and stored to ensure that personal belongings weren't lost in the clearing process.
On top of this Virgin Media will be reinforcing the clear desk/agile working policy by removing all personal storage including under desk drawer pedestals and lockers. These will again require the sorting and disposal of all contents before the furniture itself is recycled.
The new process was originally trialled on two Manchester sites and as this was successful it was rolled out across all Virgin Media sites. Active's tasks included:
- Locating employees personal items in the stored boxes
- Returning these personal items to the individuals
- Sorting remaining boxed items into waste categories and disposing of them accordingly. Waste was segregated into WEEE, Confidential Waste, Mixed Waste, Food & Metal.
- Sorting contents of lockers and drawers into waste categories and disposing of them accordingly
- Recycling of lockers and drawer pedestals